On behalf of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya, sealed quotations are invited from the interested parties/individuals in the possession of water tankers, for commercial use for “Supply of potable water through tankers to NIT Meghalaya, Shillong”. The quotations will be received up to 2.00 P.M. on 24th July 2020 (To be dropped in the tender box) and will be opened on the same day at 3.00 P.M. in the presence of the contractors or their authorized representative if any:-
Terms and conditions:-
1. Detailed particulars and quotation papers can be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nitmeghalaya.in
2. Bidder should quote their rates in the enclosed schedule only.
3. Rates to be quoted by the bidder should be inclusive of all taxes, duties, freight and insurance charges, and any incidental charges at F.O.R. NIT Meghalaya, Shillong.
4. The Institute has its own agencies to supply the water, however the supply through tankers is taken only in cases of emergency such as failure of pumps or electricity or shortage of water supply or any other unforeseen circumstances. Therefore quotationer shall be liable to supply the water immediately on receipt of order either in writing or telephonic.(including Saturday & Sunday)
5. The accepted rate should be valid for 1 (one) year from the date of receipt of the quotation.
6. The Tender shall be received & opened on the next working day, in case the date stipulated for receipt & opening of Tender in this NIT is declared a Holiday / nonworking day.
7. The Institute reserves the right not necessarily to accept the rate of the lowest bidder and may reject any or all the quotations without assigning any reason thereof.
8. The payment for the work shall be made by the Finance & Accounts Section of the Institute on verification/certification by the Engineering Section.
9. The bidder should invariably indicate their complete Postal address including Pin code, mobile/ phone number, name of the work, and NIT no. clearly on the envelope containing their quotations.
10. Arbitration: Disputes, if any, shall be settled mutually; failing which, it shall be referred to a One- Man Arbitrator to be appointed by Director, NIT Meghalaya in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1966, whose decision shall be final and binding on both the parties.
11. Any Corrigendum/Addendum relating with this notice will be published in Institute website only.