Applications are invited from highly motivated and dynamic eligible candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in the following SERB-DST funded sponsored research project.
Title: Coating of Hafnium on Copper to Use as Nuclear Reactor Control Rod.
Name of the Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Maneswar Rahang, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering (ME) Department.
No. of post available: One (01)
Duration of the project: 3 Years
Eligibility: M.Tech./M.E in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Manufacturing/Production/Material Science Engineering along with valid GATE score.
Desirable Qualification & Experience: Candidates must have worked in surface modification using advanced machining processes for material deposition purpose and should have good knowledge of simulating software and soft computing techniques like ANN, Fuzzy and GA etc using Matlab Software.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on June 30th, 2022 (relaxation as per the norms/ orders of Government of India).
Duration of appointment: Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable up to 3 years solely based on the performance.
Consolidated monthly compensation/Fellowship: Rs. 31,000 (thirty-one thousand only) per month.
1. Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply in the attached format. Last date for application submission is 30.06.2022.
2. Soft PDF copy of the duly filled up application form must be sent to Dr. Maneswar Rahang by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should me “Application for JRF in the Department of ME”.
3. Shortlisted candidate must bring with him/her the signed hard copy of the duly filled application form.
4. Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview. A set of photocopy of all the testimonials is required to submit during the interview process.
5. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit and need of the project. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained. The authority reserves the right of accepting/rejecting any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
6. The short-listed candidates for interview will be intimated only through emails. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the interview and/or joining the position.
Dr. Maneswar Rahang, Principal Investigator (PI)
Mechanical Engineering Department
NIT Meghalaya, Shillong- 793003
Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah
N.B.: For more information please visit Institute website: www.nitm.ac.in