Electronic Instrumentation, Analytical Instrumentation, Embedded systems and Development of a high pressure DTA and its applications
Has developed indigenously many Instruments which have potential applications in space programme, fusion applications and defense research. A few of the development works are listed here.
- A novel high-pressure Differential Thermal Analyzer (DTA) has been developed. This is an analytical instrument developed indigenously as commercial ones are very expensive. The developed instrument is used at very high pressures and temperatures. This has been extensively used in the phase transition studies of chalocogenic materials.
- Organic Light Emitting Diodse (OLEDs) have potential applications in saving power consumption. Fabrication of Organic Light-Emitting Diodes using polymeric anode has been done. Also, design and developed Electrochromic conducting polymers for smart pixel display applications.
- Developed a cryocooler based high efficiency cryosorption pump whose pumping speeds are higher at least by a factor of 1.5 compared to the commercial pumps in specific pressure ranges. This uses a material of high adsorbing capacity along with an adhesive of high thermal conductivity. The developed pump will be quite useful for fusion applications.
- Design and fabrication of flexible cryogenic transfer lines to transfer Liquid Helium and Liquid Nitrogen to end applications have been successfully done. This development work is very useful for fusion applications.
- Magnetic sensors plays a major role in electric vehicles. Developed a monolithic thin-film magnetic sensors with a combination of Anisotropic Magneto Resistance and Planar Hall Effect for 360 angle and Giant Magneto Resistance for turn counting. Development of multi-turn sensor with magnetic, nano-wire are under progress. A multinational company Honeywell is involved in this work with our group.