Dr. Surmila Thokchom
Ph.D, NIT Meghalaya
1. A. Chakrabarty, “An empirical seed initialization idea for K-means algorithm inspired by CLIQUE algorithm,” Proc. International Conference on Information Technology 2017 (ICIT 2017), 21-23 Dec 2017, India, IEEE Publications, 2017. pp. 17-22. (Scopus indexed)
2. A. Chakrabarty, N. Das and D. Das, “Assessment of values of time-domain and frequency domain parameters for ECG signals through HRV analysis using symlets for arrhythmia prediction,” in Advances in Computational Intelligence: Proc. International Conference on Computational Intelligence 2015 (ICCI 2015), BIT Mesra, India, Springer, 2017, pp. 439-447. (Scopus indexed)
3. P. M. N. Rani, A. Kole, K. Datta, and A. Chakrabarty, “Realization of ternary reversible circuits using improved gate library,” Proc. 6th International Conference on Advances in Computing & Communications (ICACC 2016), India, Elsevier, 2016, Vol. 93, pp. 153-160. (Scopus indexed) Citations: 1
4. D. Das, and A. Chakrabarty, “Emotion recognition from face dataset using deep neural nets,” Proc. IEEE International Symposium on INnovations in Intelligent SysTems and Applications 2016 (INISTA 2016), Romania, IEEE Publications, 2016, pp. 1-6. (CORE.edu Rank C conference) (Scopus indexed) Citations: 1
5. D. Das, and A. Chakrabarty, “Human gait recognition using deep neural networks,” Proc. 2nd International Conference on ICT for Competitive Strategies (ICTCS 2016), Computer Society of India Udaipur, India, ACM, 2016, pp. 132:1-132:6. (Scopus indexed) Citations: 1
6. D. Das, and A. Chakrabarty, “Human gait based gender identification system using Hidden Markov Model and Support Vector Machines,” Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA 2015), India, IEEE Publications, 2015, pp. 268-272. (Scopus indexed) Citations: 9
7. A. Chakrabarty, B. S. Purkayastha, and L. Gavshinde, “Knowledge-based contextual overlap keen ideas for word sense disambiguation using wordnet,” in online proceedings of 3rd national workshop on IndoWordnet under the aegis of the 8th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON 2010), India, TDIL, Govt. of India, 2010. Citations: 2
8. A. Chakrabarty, and B. S. Purkayastha, “A kernel PBM index for fuzzy clustering of numeric data,” Assam University Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 94-98, Inflibnet, 2010.
9. A. Chakrabarty, and B. S. Purkayastha, “On improvement of the PBM validity index for numeric data clustering,” in Advanced Computing Applications, Databases and Networks: Proc. National Conference on Current Trends in Computer Science (CTCS 2010), India, New Delhi: Narosa Publishing House, 2011, pp. 184-189.
10. A. Chakrabarty, B. S. Purkayastha, and A. Roy, “Experiences in building the Nepali wordnet - insights and challenges,” Proc. 5th Global Wordnet Conference (GWC 2010), India, New Delhi: Narosa Publishing House, 2010, pp. 192-197. (CORE.edu Rank C conference) Citations: 5
11. A. Chakrabarty, and B. S. Purkayastha, “An analysis of some prime generating sieves,” The IUP Journal of Computer Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 16-26, IUP Publications, 2010.
12. S. A. Begum, B. S. Purkayastha, A. Chakrabarty, and T. Som, “An efficient psFCM clustering algorithm,” Proc. IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC 2009), Thapar University, India, IEEE Publications, 2009, pp. 1393-1399. Citations: 1
Co-PI, “Development of Cross Lingual Information Access System (CLIA) - Phase II”; Sponsor: TDIL, MeitY, Govt. of India; Amount of grant: 70.84 lakhs INR; Date of sanction: 1 Sep 2010; Current status: CompletedCo-PI, “Development of NE Wordnet: An Integrated Wordnet for Languages of the North Eastern India (Assamese, Bodo, Manipuri and Nepali)”; Sponsor: TDIL, MCIT, Govt. of India; Amount of grant: 23.10 lakhs INR; Date of sanction: 11 Feb 2009; Current status: Completed
Obtained Assam University Ananya Paul Endowment Award, Assam University Gold medal and merit prize for obtaining the top rank in Integrated M. Sc. Computer Science course
Obtained merit award from Arun Jyoti NGO for getting
highest marks at district level in Mathematics, 97/100, in class Xth AISSE CBSE
Delivered a talk in Nov 2017 on “Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition in Electrical Engineering problems,” in In-house Training Program on Modern Power Systems (Design, Control, Operation and Protection) organized by NEEPCO Shillong in collaboration with NIT Meghalaya, India during 30 Oct - 03 Nov 2017.
Delivered a talk on “Word Sense Disambiguation - Challenges and Applications,” in a workshop titled “Information Technology and its Applications in Other Areas,” organized by ICFAI University Meghalaya, Shillong, India in May 2015.
Delivered two days training on “Java and JDBC connectivity,” in Lakshmi Narain College of Technology Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India, during 9-10 March 2013.
Delivered a talk and gave hands-on training on “Utility software designing using Java and JDBC,” in Department of Computer Science and Applications, Karimganj College, Karimganj, Assam, India, under star college project, sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India in February 2013.Delivered a talk on “Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence” as an invited speaker in 1st International Conference on Adaptive Computing Technologies in various Engineering Applications (ICACTEA 2011)”, at Poornima College of Engineering, Jaipur, India in February 2011.