Wireless Personal/Body Area Networks (MAC of IEEE 802.15.4, IEEE 802.15.6), Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things, Machine Learning
Ph.D, IIT Kharagpur, India
- Assistant Professor Grade-II (PL 11) at NIT Meghalaya (September 2019 - Present)
- Assistant Professor Grade-II (PL 10) at NIT Meghalaya (December 2017 - September 2019)
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF) at SRIC, IIT Kharagpur (April 2015 - November 2016)
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at SRIC, IIT Kharagpur (April 2013 - March 2015)
- Systems Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services (September 2010 - March 2013)
- Ph.D. from IIT Kharagpur (2013 - 2017)
- B.Tech from Institute of Engineering and Management (2006 - 2010)
- Higher Secondary from Hooghly Collegiate School (2006)
- Secondary from Hooghly Collegiate School (2004)
|Title||Role||Funding Agency||Amount (in RS.)||Duration|
Development of a Wearable Sensor-based Fall
Detection System Using Learning Algorithms
Apr 2018 –
System for Landslide in Hilly RegionPrediction, Detection and Monitoring
June 2019 –
Network for Hilly RegionsPipelines using Wireless Sensor
of Water Leakage in Transmission
Real-Time Monitoring and Detection
Cloud- assisted Data Analytics based
Nov 2019 –
Das, S. Moulik, “BOSS:
Bargaining-based Optimal Slot Sharing in IEEE 802.15.6-based Wireless Body Area
Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial
Informatics, January 2021. (Under Review)
- N.A. Choudhury, S. Moulik, “Physique-based
Human Activity Recognition using Machine Learning and ANN”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics,
January 2021. (Under Review)
Chakravarty, S. Moulik, “A
Machine Learning Approach To Multi-label Human Activity Recognition Using
Smartphone Accelerometer Sensor”, IEEE
Transactions on Industrial Informatics, January 2021. (Under Review)
- S. Moulik,
A. Raj, A.K. Verma, “I-ACTIVE: An end-to-end IoT-based Real-time
Ubiquitous System for Human Activity Recognition”, IEEE Pervasive Computing,
December 2020. (Under Review)
Das, S. Moulik, “Communication
Standards for IoT-eHealth Systems: State-of-the-Art and Future Directions”, IEEE
Pervasive Computing, December 2020. (Under Review)
- P. Hadem, S. Moulik, D.K. Saikia, “An SDN-based Intrusion
Detection System using SVM with Selective Logging for IP Traceback”, Elsevier Computer Networks, September
2020. (Major Revision)
- P. Hadem, S. Moulik, D.K. Saikia, "I-SMITE: An IP Traceback Mechanism for Inter-AS SDN Networks with BGP", Inderscience International Journal of Security and Networks, September 2020. (Accepted)
- K. Das, S. Moulik, "Priority-based Dedicated Slot Allocation in IEEE 802.15.6 MAC with Dynamic Superframe Structure", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, August 2020. (Under Review)
- S. Moulik, S. Majumdar, "FallSense: An Automatic Fall Detection and Alarm Generation System in IoT-enabled Environment", IEEE Sensors Journal, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2018.2880739.
- S. Moulik, S. Misra, C. Chakraborty, "Performance Evaluation and Delay-Power Trade-off Analysis of ZigBee Protocol", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TMC.2018.2836456.
- S. Moulik, S. Misra, D. Das, "AT-MAC: Adaptive MAC-frame Payload Tuning for Reliable Communication in Wireless Body Area Networks", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol.-16, Issue No.-6, pp. 1516-1529, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TMC.2016.2598166.
- S. Moulik, S. Misra, A. Gaurav, "Cost-effective Mapping between Wireless Body Area Networks and Cloud Service Providers Based on Multi-Stage Bargaining", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol.-16, Issue No.-6, pp. 1573-1586, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TMC.2016.2571286.
- S. Moulik, S. Misra, M. S. Obaidat, "Smart-Evac: A Big Data-based Decision Making System for Emergency Evacuation", IEEE Cloud Computing Magazine, Vol.-2, Issue No.-3, pp. 58-65, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/MCC.2015.47.
- S. Misra, S. Moulik, H. C. Chao, "A Cooperative Bargaining Solution for Priority-Based Data-rate Tuning in a Wireless Body Area Network", IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communication, Vol.-14, Issue No.-5, pp. 2769-2777, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2015.2393303.
- K. Das, S.
Moulik, “PBCR: Parameter-based Backoff Counter Regulation in IEEE 802.15.6
CSMA/CA”, IEEE COMSNETS. January 2021. (Accepted)
- A. Panda, R.
Chakravarty, S. Moulik, “Hand Gesture Recognition Using Flex Sensor
and Machine Learning Algorithms”, IEEE IECBES, Malayasia, March 2021. (Accepted)
- A. Lyngdoh, N.A. Choudhury, S. Moulik, “Diabetes Disease
Prediction Using Machine Learning Algorithms”, IEEE IECBES, Malayasia, March 2021. (Accepted)
- S. Rajesh, N. A. Choudhury, S. Moulik, "Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Liver Cancer Prediction using Machine Learning Algorithms", IEEE INDICON, Delhi, 2020. (Accepted)
- I. Marbaniang, N. A. Choudhury, S. Moulik, "Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Prediction using Machine Learning Algorithms", IEEE INDICON, Delhi, 2020. (Accepted)
- S. Moulik, S. Majumdar, V. Pal, Yogita, "Water Leakage Detection in Hilly Region PVC Pipes using Wireless Sensors and Machine Learning", IEEE ICCE-TW, Taoyouan, Taiwan, Sep. 2020. DOI: 10.1109/ICCE-Taiwan49838.2020.9258144.
- K. Das, S. Majumdar, S. Moulik, M. Fujita, "Real-time Threshold-based Landslide Prediction System for Hilly Region using Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE ICCE-TW, Taoyouan, Taiwan, Sep. 2020. DOI: 10.1109/ICCE-Taiwan49838.2020.9258181.
- N. A. Choudhury, S. Moulik, S. Choudhury, "Cloud-based Real-time and Remote Human Activity Recognition System using Wearable Sensors", IEEE ICCE-TW, Taoyouan, Taiwan, Sep. 2020. DOI: 10.1109/ICCE-Taiwan49838.2020.9258050.
[Awarded Second Place in DEMO Paper
- U. Saxena, S. Moulik, D. S. Roy, "Prediction of Syncope based on Physiological Data Analysis using Decision Tree Algorithm", IEEE ICCE-TW, Taoyouan, Taiwan, Sep. 2020. DOI: 10.1109/ICCE-Taiwan49838.2020.9258169.
- S. Moulik, D. Dey, K. Ray, K. Das, "Reliable Transmission of Critical Packets in IEEE 802.15.4-based Body Area Networks", IEEE ANTS, Goa, India, December 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ANTS47819.2019.9118022.
- S. Moulik, K. Ray, "d-CARE: Context-Aware Regulation of Backoff Delay in Wireless Personal Area Networks", IEEE TENCON, Kerala, India, October 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TENCON.2019.8929352.
- S. Roy, I. Mallik, S. Moulik, "PAG-MAC: Prioritized Allocation of GTSs in IEEE 802.15.4 MAC Protocol – A dynamic approach based on Analytic Hierarchy Process", IEEE INDICON, Period -December, Place -IIT Roorkee, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/INDICON.2017.8488030.
- S. Moulik, S. Misra, C. Chakraborty, CAPCoS: Context-aware PAN Coordinator Selection for Health Monitoring of Soldiers in Battlefield, IEEE ANTS, Period -December, Place -ISI Kolkata, pp. 1-6, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/ANTS.2015.7413650.
- S. Moulik, S. Misra, C. Chakraborty, Prioritized Payload Tuning Mechanism for Wireless Body Area Network-Based Healthcare Systems, IEEE GLOBECOM, Period -December, Place -Texas, pp. 2393-2398, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2014.7037166.
Saxena, S. Moulik, “Health
Parameter-based Human Fall Prediction using Machine Learning Algorithms”, in
proposed edited book on AI-enabled smart healthcare
using biomedical signals, Springer-Nature, by R. K. Chaurasiya and G R Sinha. (Abstract Submitted in January 2021)
- Kaushik Ray - QoS Improvement of IEEE 802.15.4e Standard - Ongoing (since July 2019)
- Kamal Das - QoS Improvement in IEEE 802.15.6-based
intra-WBAN communication - Ongoing (since July 2018)
- Pynbianglut Hadem - IP-Traceback based Quality of Service Provisioning in Software Defined Networks - Ongoing (since Jan 2014)
- Nurul Amin Chowdhury - Human Activity Recognition Using Wearable
Sensors - Ongoing (since July 2020)
- Utkarsh Saxena - Prediction of Syncope
with Machine Learning Techniques using Health Parameters - Completed (in June 2020)
- Kaushik Ray - Context-Aware
Regulation of Backoff Delay in Wireless Personal Area Networks - Completed (in June 2019)
- Pintu Chauhan - Context-Aware Duty
Cycle Optimization in IEEE 802.15.4 Protocol - Completed (in June 2019)
- Iba Marbaniang, All B Babu - Stress Detection Using Galvanic Skin Response Sensors - Ongoing (since July 2020)
- Rommel Chowdhury, Akash Kumar Panda - Development of Hand Gesture Recognition System
Using Flex and EMG Sensors - Ongoing (since July 2020)
- Amrit Raj, Arun Kumar Verma - Human Activity Monitoring Using Wearable Sensors - Completed (in June 2020)
- Debapratim Dey - Markov chain-based
performance analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 - Completed (in June 2019)
- Sri Karan - Development of
sensor-based prototype to detect human fall - Completed (in June 2019)
Theory Courses and Labs Conducted/Conducting
- Computer Networks (UG)
- Computer Networks Lab (UG)
- Principles of Programming Languages (UG)
- Object Oriented Programming and Design (UG)
- Object Oriented Programming and Design Lab (UG)
- Database Systems Concepts (UG)
- Advanced Network Programming Lab (PG)
Administrative Duties Performed/Performing
- Warden, Polo Boys' Hostel (1st July 2019 – Present)
- Warden, Bamboo Hut Boys’ Hostel (1st July
2018 – 30th June 2019)
- Member, Cultural Committee (10th August 2018 –
- Member, Website Committee (26th April
2018 – Present)
- Coordinator, Department Ph.D. Activities (June
2018 – June 2019)
- Faculty in-charge, IoT Club (June 2018 – June
- Member, Cultural and Sports Committee for
Institute Day 2019
- Member, Cultural Sub-Committee for Convocation
- Coordinator, M.Tech Admission Team 2019
- Member, CCMT 2019 M.Tech. Admission Committee
- Member, ERP Committee (19th March
2019 – Present)
- Faculty in-charge, Music Club (5th September
2019 – Present)
- Member, Organizing Committee of Industry Academia
Conclave (IAC) 2019
- Convener, Transport Committee of Industry Academia
Conclave (IAC) 2019
- Coordinator, HACKATHON 2020
- Faculty in-charge, Department Syllabus Committee
(November 2019 – Present)
- Member, Internal Quality Assurance Committee (IQAC)
(1st July 2020 – Present)
- Member, Intellectual Property Committee (IPC) (3rd
December 2020 – Present)